Understanding & Dealing with Behaviours that Challenge
Are your staff confident in dealing with behaviours that challenge?
Do you staff understand the significance of non verbal communication when dealing with any potential conflict?
Do your staff know what they should or should not do if a child has reached a crisis point?
Have they received training to support them in this aspect of their role?
Our 'Dealing with Challenging Behaviour and Nurturing Minds Course' ensure staff have the essential training to help them feel confident and competent when dealing with defiance, aggression or anger, whether that be from children or adults. This comprehensive training course is suitable for anyone working with, or coming into contact with, children who may present challenging behaviour.
E.g. Headteachers, Teacher, Teaching Assistant, Learning Mentor, Behaviour Mentor, Lunchtime Supervisors
Delegates will learn how they can reduce risks to themselves, the children and the school in general by diffusing aggression at a primary level and how to control potentially violent situations through the use of effective methods of communication.
Staff will explore primary preventative measures and reactive techniques to:
· Enhance their awareness of the impact of their reaction on a situation;
· Identify potential trigger points for both their pupils and themselves;
· Develop a secure understanding of Ultradian Rhythms;
· Recognise the significance of effective body language;
· Reflect and expand on effective, appropriate de-escalation strategies;
· Consider appropriate timing for disciplining children;
· Understand the basic psychology and neuroscience associated with stress, anxiety and anger;
· Risk assess their own safety and the safety of others.
This course can be delivered as a full day school INSET, Half day or a shorter 'taster' version as a staff meeting.
Dealing with Behaviours that Challenge & Nurturing Minds
Open Course for Professionals Working in Education
Wednesday 22nd November 2017
Merefield House, Whistler Drive, Castleford, WF10 5HX
£75 per delegate or £125 for 2 delegates from the same school
This is ideal for colleagues who are working with pupils who display anger, aggression or defiance on a daily basis.
This is a one-day course and on completion, delegates receive a React UK Level 2 Certificate in Dealing with Behaviours that Challenge
Contact us with no obligation for further information.
Tel: 01924 891080 or 07581562669 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org